SharePoint 2013 Version
Here is a screenshot of what the OOTB SharePoint 2013 version of the Promoted Links looks like.
As you can see its a very clean and nice
Metro Windows 8 style interface.
So what is new in the LifeInSharePoint Edition?
- Sandbox Solution (Works with SharePoint Online / SharePoint 2013)
- Reordering enabled like the OOTB Links List (Single post deployment step required)
- Customise the Background colour of the blocks using the WebPart Settings.
- Custom Link Titles using the WebPart Settings.
- Integration with Font Awesome. If you cannot find a suitable image try one of the hundred odd icons from the inbuilt font.
To download this webpart please visit our Codeplex site and if you like it please leave a good review
To use the new Promoted Links WebPart first download and upload the solution to your site collection. After you have activated the feature you are able to create a new list from the LifeInSharePoint – Promoted Links list definition. Once you have created the list please modify the default view and and enable the radio button “Allow users to order items in this view?” After this you are then able to add the WebPart onto the Page and configure the webpart to point to your newly created list.
As you can see the new version is as close as I could get to the SharePoint 2013 version with my own LifeInSharePoint enhancements. Should you have any issues or identify any bugs please let me know via the comments. Really hope you all like it